Friday, September 2, 2011

Getting old...older...oldest...


Sooner or later I will be OLD. (Erase the word later. Retain the word sooner because it is more factual.) Sooner, I will say goodbye to my teenage years, and will face another set of two digit numbers that usually come as a big issue around my circle of 'teenage friends.'

I don't really think much about it but the real thing is? it ails me the most that I'm getting older. Oxymoron. I don't want to age, but I want to grow older. I want to mature but I don't want to have wrinkles. I want to have kids and be a father but I don't want to be a grandfather and have a dozen grandchildren.

I know that I am not the only one who usually have this kind of 'teenage dillema' because some of my friends who turned twenty some time this year were also over reacting about their turning-twenty brithday party. Hey! It's a good thing that they were still having birthday parties unlike others (street children) who usually spend their birthdays alone, adding that they have nothing delicious to eat. I don't think turning twenty is a big deal. I don't think it's something to complain about.

I don't think I deserve this tag: Ryan, 20. It's too much for me since I still look so young. (zZzZzZzZzZzz. This is the very popular Visayan Syndrome called "Feeleriasis") Apart from being young, I also look, uhmmm....well, I don't look twentyish so perhaps if someone would ask me if how old I am, I would just say, "Me? Well, Im still eeeeiiiigghhteeen."

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind being 20. Number lang ang age, it doesn't define who I am. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same dilemma too. I just turned 20 last May. I miss being a teen. You know, being goofy and all. 'Cos when you're 20 or up, people expect you to be mature yada yada.

    Anyway, I just wanna share you this. This happened last month in a clinic in Makati.

    Nurse: Ilang taon na kayo Sir?

    Ako: (With no second thoughts) Eighteen.

    Nurse: (nagsulat)

    Ako: Ay, twenty pala.

    Nurse: KAYO SIR HA, LAKAS NYONG MAKA-EIGHTEEN SIR! *sabay tawa*

    Nakitawa na rin tuloy ako. Though napahiya ako. Hahaha.

    Nah, may masabi lang. LMAO.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop some comments. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank You!