Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Will they hire me?


Today is my interview for the job. I met the senior engineer and saw the superintendent, an Australian I assume. There are a lot of foreigners working here. We call them expat. Foreigners are called that way. I don’t know why.

Before I was interviewed, they toured me around the mining site. At the OPEN PIT. WOAH. WOAH. WOAH. I was just amazed watching this engineering marvel.

Then they asked me to do some tasks. Well, it’s part of the recruitment. They asked me to map some geologic structures in the pit. This one couldn’t be more perfect in timing since this is my task a few months back as a geothermal geologist.

“So, Ryan. Why should we hire you? Does your school teach geotechnical engineering as a minor subject?”


“No Sir. Our school is not very particular in engineering geology. So I don’t know much. But I just know the concept. Don’t expect too much. I don’t know much. But I’m young and I’m really eager to learn. I am young and I am really excited about doing this project.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop some comments. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank You!