Saturday, October 29, 2011

I Cannot Sleep!



I cannot sleep. I tried to close my eyes as hardly as I can but they just won't rest. My brain, my body, as well as my eyes have become too hyperactive since last night. I spent all night reviewing my notes, and studied the lessons that would hopefully come out for the final exam that I took a while ago. I have become a nocturnal specie for the last two days. Blame the caffeine-rich energy drink!

The subject is Historical Geology (It's the preparatory subject for Paleontology and much more likely the basics of Plate Tectonics, Volcanism, and Evolution of Men). Here are some parts of the lessons that are still actually inculcated in my brain as of this moment.

It's about the Geologic Timescale and the environments(Tundra, Lacustrine, etc.), flora (flowers), and fauna (animals) that were present in every epoch. It also talks about the Plate Tectonics and the natural phenomena that took place on earth billions of years ago.

Geologic Timescale has aeons, eras, periods, and epochs. We are focusing on the Phanerozoic Era. It has the Cenozoic, Mesozoic, and Paleozoic eras. Cenozoic has the Quarternary and the Tertiary Period. Under these two periods are Hologene, Pleistocene, Pliocene, Miocene, Oligocene, Eocene, and Paleocene epochs.

Under Mesozoic is Cretaceous, Jurassic, and Triassic. Under Paleozoic is Permian, Carboniferous' Penssylvanian and Missipian, Devonian, Silurian. Ordovician, Cambrian, and Venian.

The hard part is you need to study every epoch. Let's take for example Pleistocene Period of the Cenozoic Era. During this time, there exist four common fauna; Dire Wolf, Wolly Mammoth, Short-faced Bear, and Sabre-toothed cat. A series of ice ages occurred during this period. Herbivorous animals' only source of food were savanna flourished lands that have shrubs, grasses, canifer trees, and mosses.

I still have to get ready for the next wave of final exams! Petrology! Structural Geology! Mining Laws and Ethics!

1 comment:

  1. Awts! haha. Nag nosebleed naman ako dun! Ginawang review center ang blog?hehe.

    Goodluck sa exams ry!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop some comments. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank You!