Friday, November 19, 2010

Managing a Badminton try-out...


Yesterday was the try-out of our college's badminton team. Since I am no longer part of our university's varsity team, I can now play for the intramural games that will take place later this November.

I was the one who was assigned to manage the try-out and pick two players to play with me in the games because our coach is not there. He had an appointment and besides, he doesn't know the ins and outs of the game(hehe). I was happy that the college had enough budget to give us snacks and  payment for the rentals in the badminton courts.

To be fair, I also played along with the players. In other words, me myself went for try-out as well so that I can have some fun.

Honestly, it was my second time to play the sport again after University Games (UNIGAMES) Iloilo last year, my second time after I exit from the varsity team because of some insignificant reasons.

The other player who was also my friend can really play well because he was part of the Negros Oriental Delegation in CVIRAA before.

As a matter of fact, he can really go up against me. He was good. I was catching my breath just to finish the one-set-game before I lost all my stamina. We ended 14-16. I was almost beaten. by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop some comments. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank You!