Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Narrow Walk


A bell is no bell 'till you ring it. A song is no song 'till you sing it. And love wasn't put there in your heart to stay. Love is not love until you give it away...

It was 5:30. My class has just ended and I have decided to go home right after. But of course, I did some checking to some of my friends's blogs first in our publication office. I just read them and rarely leave a comment.

Then, I started walking down the stairs and traced the university pathways. After exiting the main gate, I put my ID inside my backpack and walked again. This time, I played with my Lock and Lock Tumbler. I waved the tumbler by its sling using my index finger. I usually do this in elementary, while waiting for a tricycle along the highway.

Up above were clouds so dark. I knew it's gonna rain soon. But I still had to march the narrow sidewalks. I knew I had to walk fast but I saw someone unexpected. My past love. I had to walk slower, she, too, did the same. We started looking from afar yet were very aware by each other's presence.

I need to smile...Should I? I'll give her a smirk, maybe. I said to myself. But she's no longer the girl I fell inlove with. She would smile at me even from afar and made sure that our eyes would meet in an instant. But this time, she looked the other way around as soon as we exchanged smiles. I felt too plain, no spark. It was like a string was never attached between the two of us. It was like we never existed to each other's lives. It was like I never knew her at all, never even met.

She turned into a pig. She gained weight and everything about her beauty is gone. She looked so homely, nothing special, unlike before when she was still a head-turner. She's now kinda fat. No offense to her, really. I'm just saying it. It's all I can say. Hahaha.

But it's not about her really. It's about love itself. How many times do we have to kiss the wrong lips? How many times do we have to hold a hand that doesn't fit ours? How many times do we have to dream with someone but only to get disappointed in the end? Why do we have to fall inlove with the wrong ones at the wrong time?

But there is something good in waiting. YES. There is something good in waiting. HE is planning it all out for all of us. We all have our own share of love story. We just need to wait. I kissed dating goodbye two and a half years ago. I am waiting patiently. I'm waiting for someone and praying for it, too.

5 comments:

  1. Naks.haha Mag antay ka kase. Don't be in a hurry. Bitaw Ry, we made our own destinies. If you love someone, never let her go. Ganun lang :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. That's all I can say. Haha.

    GOD bless you, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know what, you remind me of myself when i was younger! i know it's weird to hear this because it's my first time here, nice tagline btw, but this post really is something. it's not that i think past flings are pigs though haha but you are cool. take it from me, just wait, and when it comes... it really goes big time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how come i cannot comment with my wordpress?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the "How many times do we have to kiss the wrong lips? How many times do we have to hold a hand that doesn't fit ours? How many times do we have to dream with someone but only to get disappointed in the end? Why do we have to fall inlove with the wrong ones at the wrong time?"

    Testing lang talaga yan pre. Nakakarelate ako sayo. I just felt unaffected whenever he posts something annoying in fb na alam ko at obvious naman na patama sakin yun. The last we meet each other nothing strikes like im looking on a total stranger. That's the power of moving on. Good thing we can let go the past, kasi kung hindi magsstay lang tayo dun sa taong narealize natin ngayon eh not worth it. dami ko sinabi, sobra nakarelate kasi e.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop some comments. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank You!