Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Breaking Free


Weeks have passed. Many weeks have gone by. I went to many places. I almost traveled the whole country - from the outskirts of northeastern Mindanao, to some parts of the Visayas, in Metro Manila, and now here in northeastern Luzon. I've been to many places, really, in just a matter of six months.

Unlike the movie 'That thing called Tadhana', I cannot afford to go to Rome, but I frequent in NAIA twice a month. I didn't go to Baguio and Sagada, but I've been to Baguio in 2012 and stayed in Benguet for more than two months. I know how it looks like, how cold it is, how beautiful the trees, the mountains, and the skies. I picked some strawberries, too.

But is't not about the place. It's about the feelings - the reasons why you have to go that far and spend all that money; the reasons why you have to leave behind your old life for a moment and be someone else new for a little while.

There is something wonderful about a place where everything around you is new. They don't know you. You don't know them. And you can just walk at the seashore, at the boulevard, or at the streets and nobody will care. At last, you can breathe. You are free.

1 comment:

  1. Yup! It's the about the feelings and the learnings we all learn from our travels.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop some comments. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank You!